Monday, 2 February 2015

Chairish: Style Challenge

A few weeks ago, I discovered this inspiring online used and vintage shop called Chairish, and decided to participate in their Style Challenge. You can check out their vintage furniture for yourself here. I wish they shipped to the UK, can anyone recommend a UK site that sells this kind of thing in such a good way? I'm stuck with the considerably less attractive ebay in the meantime, and my little black book of independents. Oooh gap in the market?

Anyway, their challenge is to style a room using some of their products. I went the whole hog and chose everything shown here, from their site. Here's what I came up with:



For the challenge they gave me a few suggestions to get started, from which I chose the George Nelson Clock, the sideboard and the armchair.  I realised pretty quickly that I was channelling Don Draper's office, or a room from The Incredibles, but in my own way (pretty sure Don wouldn't have had owls in his office, and coffee would be replaced with cocktails).

Here's the full deets:
1. Coffee Set. Mmmm caffeine. In yellow!
2. Madeline Weinrib Westley Thunder Cotton Rug. Because I love a flat rug, and especially Madeline Weinrib - look!
3. Pair Danish lamps. Smart.
4. Succulent in terracotta pot. I love a succulent, and a cactus.
5. Abstract Geometric painting - monochrome baby
6. Marimekko fabric panel - because I am a colour-lovin' mother
7. Badelli Owl Money Bank. He's friendly, and yellow, and holds your cash. win-win-win!
8. Olivetti Typewriter. Obviously not going to replace my mac(s), but it looks pretty.
9. Rotary Phone. Because I love taking four hours to dial a number. And having to remember that number in the first place.

Thanks for everything Chairish, let me know when you cross the Atlantic!

No comments:

Post a Comment