Monday, 12 January 2015

I Made That: Liberty Scrap Clouds

2014 was a good year, many things fell into place and I reconciled myself with both things I could change, and the things I could not. I am grateful, so very grateful for what I have. Some serious things have reminded me of this lately,  and as I put my youngest down to bed last night, as she carefully checked that she had her soft baby, her muslin, and a black plastic telescope to snuggle down with, I counted my blessings a few more times. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and can enter 2015 clear-headed and happy. 

So here's January, and true to form, I'm showing you a thing-that-I-made flipping months ago. As usual I had high-falutin' ideas of making 4 of these lovely things, for 4 babies I know (teenagers by the time I've finished these). So anyway, I have completed 3, the 3 I was giving away, which means now I can talk about them because the surprise won't be spoiled. The last one is for Ren, and one day I shall finish hers, maybe even before she starts driving. For now, I stole her bedroom to take some pictures of the last one I sent out.

I bought some Liberty fat quarters and a scrap bag from The Greene Stitch Company back in June, and decided to make these soft cloud mobiles. This sort of thing is all over the place at the moment, so I can't claim to be original, but I liked the idea of adding some patterned happiness. So I drew myself a pattern on some newspaper, and set about creating these: plain grey on one side, with the baby's name and birth date embroidered on it, and patterned on the other (sorry to everyone who received one, I clearly haven't embroidered in 22 years). A little grey cumulus dripping drops of joy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment