Sunday, 2 June 2013

Bright Geometric Prints from Mengsel



Visiting the V&A last week I picked up this cushion for Ren's new bedroom from their gift shop (I believe it's illegal to leave that shop without having spent money. Or at the very least against my religion). I love the simple graphic shapes used to create the waves, and who wouldn't fall for a whale in love?

The cushions are by a company called Mengsel, and I checked out their other online offerings when I got home.

Mengsel is the brand name for the colourful prints of Luzelle van der Westhuizen, a South African living in London - Mengsel means mixture in Afrikaans and Dutch. Having originally studied jewellery design in Cape Town, Luzelle took a printmaking course in London and started making these Scandinavian and geometry inspired prints. Stocked by various shops, I'm surprised these haven't caught my eye elsewhere. Many of these are available in other colours too, so well worth checking out her site for prints and textiles.
Bigger Boat giclee print - available in other colourways
Graphic LOVE print in duck egg blue
Personalised Robot Print....Note to self...Wedding Anniversary...
Coral Toucans

No comments:

Post a Comment