Sunday, 20 March 2011

Barneby Gates Wallpaper

Have you seen Barneby Gates? created by Ex Vogue Living Editor, Vanessa Barneby and Alice Gates. Barneby Gates design and print wallpaper at one of the few remaining print works in the Midlands using traditional printing techniques. That's my kind of company.


Typecast. Blame my old graphic designing flatmate, but I love typefaces, and this typographic design has words hidden amongst the jumble of letters.


Boxing Hares. It took me a while to even see the hares in this pattern, which makes me love it all the more, subtle. 

 

All Star. One for Prof Brian Cox, this paper is described as "A fluid constellation of gently decaying stars." I think it would be divine in a child's bedroom.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Sara,

    what a great column idea. I think independent brands are sooo valuable and important these days, when lots of alike-looking products and chains seem to cut out the lovely little companies and designers.
    The boxing hares pattern is such a find! Thanks for sharing...

    Tesca (fellow BYW student)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tesca, yes I really think we have to support those small-scale people creating lovely things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for BYW!!! Your blog is fab, i just love blogs that are full of colour and life!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Katie, I'm really trying to get that colour and life out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These wallpapers are rock!, I can't decide which one I like the most. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete